Author Topic: Previous Nationals - Indianapolis (2004)  (Read 1352 times)

Offline Jeff.Meister

• H/OCA Webmaster
    • View Profile
    • 1969 Hurst/Olds page
Previous Nationals - Indianapolis (2004)
« on: May 23, 2013, 08:59:47 PM »
Here's a short video I made back in 2004 as a night time walk around at the host hotel, the now long gone 'Brickyard Crossing' motel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM9QRtoyu4w
Modern Darwinism, let's remove all the warning labels and let life sort itself out....

Offline Jeff.Meister

• H/OCA Webmaster
    • View Profile
    • 1969 Hurst/Olds page
Re: Previous Nationals - Indianapolis (2004)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 09:03:08 PM »
Here's another video, of the cars 'staging' inside the speedway before the track tour have the 'cloudburst'!! Starts with about 40 seconds of 'boring' in the car but I do get out and walk around  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPUBgUxaVg8
Modern Darwinism, let's remove all the warning labels and let life sort itself out....

Offline Jeff.Meister

• H/OCA Webmaster
    • View Profile
    • 1969 Hurst/Olds page
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 09:07:49 PM »
Ok, last vid from 2004, this one is admiditally boring, in-car video of the track tour...

Listen closely towards the end, you can hear one of the 1969 H/O owners do a burnout across the finish line of bricks and summarily get pulled over....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnXvOVaFqBg

Offline joe.fotschky

• Driver, Crew & Car Washer
  • 344879M
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 10:13:41 AM »
Thanks for the videos Jeff.
The third one just reminded me how boring and tedious it is to get around the track.
Would anyone care to calculate how many times we would have been passed by an Indy car while we were out on the track.
Put it in gear and stomp the pedal on the right!

Offline joe.fotschky

• Driver, Crew & Car Washer
  • 344879M
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 11:01:47 AM »
The first time I attended Indy was in 2004. It was fun since it was the first time I was there. The one thing I liked about The Brickyard Crossing motel was that your car was parked just outside your door.
Put it in gear and stomp the pedal on the right!

Offline Jeff.Meister

• H/OCA Webmaster
    • View Profile
    • 1969 Hurst/Olds page
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 08:20:52 PM »
Thanks for the videos Jeff.
The third one just reminded me how boring and tedious it is to get around the track.
Would anyone care to calculate how many times we would have been passed by an Indy car while we were out on the track.

Joe, we would have been lapped 27 times...ok, don't know but it seems like it. Yep, allot of slwing down and speeding up... When we did the Michigan traks it was the same thing, but more interesting as it being a super speedway, driving 'slow' on the high bank turns made you feel as if the car was going to tumble down into the infield...