Author Topic: What year and color combos do you have?  (Read 1223 times)

Offline robert lewczak

• View Profile
What year and color combos do you have?
« on: April 28, 2013, 10:06:46 PM »
Well, here's my innaugural posting to the website. I wanted it to be something that could apply to all the 73-75 members, although I'll expand it to 76 and 77 as both of the prototypes are owned by members as well.

What year cars do you own?

What color combinations do you have?

Any special options or add ons?

As for me, I have 3 of them that I hope to own until my time on planet Earth is done. I have a 73, a 74 and a 75. All of them were probably junkyard rescues.

73- I picked it up with the help of a friend in Orlando. We went on the idea of parting it out, but when push came to shove, I could not participate in the demise of such a rare car.  It is white with a black interior. A/C, PW, tilt (now), rear defrost, 200r-4, posi as well as digital tach. The sum total of my driving time is the 2 minutes it took to get it up and off the trailer. In the middle of a full frame off.

74- My first car purchase. I picked it up around '86. White with white interior. Originally a 350, had a 455 when I bought it, now has a 350. PW and A/C,  that's about it. Added PDL, tilt, posi, 15"bolt ons, U-21 guages, sport wheel, Dual Gate, digital tach and dual snorkel air cleaner assy. Long distance winner H/OCA nationals for 3 years. NOS interior materials.

75- Bought it right after the nationals in 2011. Drove it to Pa for 2012 nats (long distance winner). White with white interior. Somewhat rare saddle compati-color interior. Matching number W-30 drivetrain. A/C, defrost, orig spare, NOS t-tops (and box) and digital tach. Added U-21, tilt, 8 track, Gets 16+ MPG on the highway, and reallllllyyyyy needs a posi. All NOS materials for the seats. Currently, just the back seats are done.

Offline robert lewczak

• View Profile
Re: What year and color combos do you have?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 10:28:17 PM »
Here is a pic of my '74 in IL. That is, if I'm doing this right. This is my screen saver!

Offline nicholas.masino

• Disco Biscuit Farmer
  • 74 W-30
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 01:39:15 PM »
I have 2 74 H/O W-30's.

The first I acquired in New Glarus, WI from someone who bought it from the original owner in Skokie, IL.  I'd love to track them down, but didn't keep their information.  The car is black with a white top (rare) and no pace car graphics.  It has the original motor and trans but the rear end was upgraded (maybe not!) to a 70 Chevelle SS 396 rear end (modified for 74) and 4.56 gears.  Car has the original spare tire and jack.  It's been hit(?) up front but is fine.  Has Hurst and California Customs bumper stickers.  No tach, but came with a Sun 10k RPM tach that was broke.  I've sold it and replaced it with a Harmon Tach II tach.  Looking for an orignal to a 74 still.

The second was a car stripped of it's motor and trans and other parts.  It's a real W30, white with black top and no pace car graphics.  It's all there minus the motor, trans, shifter cable and drive shaft.  I'm looking to rehab it and get it back on the road.  The story goes it was sitting in California for a long time (it's all sun bleached) and moved to Minnesota and then auctioned off.
Nick
H/OCA #1688
OCA #043109
74 H/O W30 Black/White

Offline Brenda.Kalivanakis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • My 1974 Hurst/Olds Page-The Delta Flyer
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 10:11:57 AM »
Nice to see you here at the humble H/OCA forum Robert, how are you doing? Are you coming to the nationals this summer- I hope you can make it. Drag Mark here while you are at it :)