Author Topic: 2013 Nationals - Orlando  (Read 13700 times)

Offline joe.berenato

• View Profile
Re: 2013 Nationals - Orlando
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2013, 06:05:05 PM »
Anyone planning anything else all  week? Road Trips? Or just sun and park hoppin?
Is Doc or Linda planning on attending this year?
I need some ink on my trunk if so!  :)
Thanks
Joe Berenato
HOCA # 1300C
OCA # 040318

H/O # 1 Rusty's Restoration page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3046988
H/O # 2 W46 "The Pope" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3815720/1

Offline Jon.Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2013, 09:05:57 AM »
I won't be in Orlando/Kissimmee until Friday as long as everything goes as planned. What about you Joe? You are more than welcome to take a road trip up to Jax and visit, just let me know so I can plan accordingly.

Hopefully Florida weather treats us right for the wknd. Definately going to be hot!
Jon
'73 H/O #678
'74 H/O #295

Offline Jon.Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2013, 09:17:57 AM »
Joe you want to see Linda? Go check out out Don Garlit's Museum in Ocala, they have one of those stand-up cardboard pics of her.
Cool place to see for drag racing history. They actually have an old A-7 Corsair Navy Jet outside which used to be here in Jax @Cecil Field, and is mocked up as VA-105 Gunslingers which was my first command in the Navy.
Jon
'73 H/O #678
'74 H/O #295

Offline Dr.Dan.Macal

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2013, 11:01:52 AM »
I will be there with my 83 H/O that I bracket race. I`d love to bring my 69 and 84, but....we`ll see.
66 F 85 9.63@141
67 w30
68 canadian 442
69 Hurst Olds
71 442 conv.
83 Hurst Olds #356 11.83@113
84 hurst Olds #207 12.49@106
87 442

Offline Brenda.Kalivanakis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • My 1974 Hurst/Olds Page-The Delta Flyer
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2013, 06:45:38 PM »
What's you 1/4 mile time look like? What mods have you made?

Offline joe.berenato

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2013, 05:47:51 PM »
Joe you want to see Linda? Go check out out Don Garlit's Museum in Ocala, they have one of those stand-up cardboard pics of her.
Cool place to see for drag racing history. They actually have an old A-7 Corsair Navy Jet outside which used to be here in Jax @Cecil Field, and is mocked up as VA-105 Gunslingers which was my first command in the Navy.
Yes I would Love to see Linda!
Not the cardboard one! LOL I was hoping in Hershey last year but Doc signed a poster and and was great to listen to him!
Wouldn't mind checking out the Museum some time too!
I like the avatar ! Where didya get that!
Thanks
Joe Berenato
HOCA # 1300C
OCA # 040318

H/O # 1 Rusty's Restoration page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3046988
H/O # 2 W46 "The Pope" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3815720/1

Offline Jon.Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2013, 07:29:15 PM »
The avatar is a cartoonish drawing of my car that's part of my new show boards, you'll see them in Orlando if I get them in time. Yea I'm still waiting to finalize details on both of them.

See ya in Orlando!
Jon
'73 H/O #678
'74 H/O #295

Offline robert lewczak

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2013, 10:58:38 PM »
Disney gives you a lot of things, great location, maximum discounts on absurdly expensive rooms and park tickets, and transportation in their property and to the airport. But they will grab hold of your wallet like a tick, and suck it dry if they can. The down side is they want to do everything as a trade4 off. I pushed for the desert party, because it will be unlike anything we will ever do again. At past shows, there was usually a banquet in the $40-50 range, and maybe another event in the $20 range. No one, other than Golden Corral has a banquet at that price, and they could not accomodate our group in a single room. Yes, I looked. And they don't take reservations.

As to our Friday and pre desert Saturday I am thinking about a protest pot luck. Disney says we can't have food outside in the lot, but I don't think they can stop us from having it in our rooms. I am coming up with 14 2 litres, another couple dozen cans of soda, and bags of snacks. I plan on picking up more stuff when I get up there. If everyone kicks in something, and we have a conveniently located room to use for this, we can have a K.A. picnic.

Because while I would certainly NEVER suggest open insurrection, I am highly in favor of exploiting a loophole! I know Ron would never condone such actions, but this would be totally organic and unpanned.

Offline Ron.Krier

• Homers Lounge
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2013, 02:48:29 AM »
i am all about loop holes and figuring which is the best way to do things at a meet.  Problem is that a lot of people are not on this site that are in the H/O club, & another one is, changing plans mid way at one of these Nationals is going to bring out some REAL whiners!!!  :'( :'( :'( :'(

I look forward to seeing what you can do Robert, I am not one to pass on a last minute party!!   :D ;D
Life is full of ups & downs,
Up the Volume & down the Tequila!! :)

Offline Jeff.Meister

• H/OCA Webmaster
    • View Profile
    • 1969 Hurst/Olds page
Disney and the art of the 'Photo Bomb'
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2013, 09:46:09 PM »
Ok, subject, 'Photo Bomb'...

Example, picture 1, typical Disney photo @ Epcot, my wife and myself, picture 2, "Photo Bombed" perfectly by Heather Krier.....
Modern Darwinism, let's remove all the warning labels and let life sort itself out....

Offline Jeff.Meister

• H/OCA Webmaster
    • View Profile
    • 1969 Hurst/Olds page
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2013, 09:51:57 PM »
3 loose lugnuts, Joe Fotchkey, Ron Krier, myself.....
Modern Darwinism, let's remove all the warning labels and let life sort itself out....

Offline Brenda.Kalivanakis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • My 1974 Hurst/Olds Page-The Delta Flyer
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2013, 08:05:34 PM »
We had a very nice reception tonight for all those people at home that could not attend the Nationals. Lots of beautiful cars and great people. I am looking forward to tomorrow. We will be posting photo's here, at the H/O Website and in upcoming issues of T&L.

Offline Jeff.Meister

• H/OCA Webmaster
    • View Profile
    • 1969 Hurst/Olds page
Re: 2013 Nationals - Orlando (video)
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2013, 09:29:14 PM »
Cruise night video, part one from Old Town Kissimmee, below...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb4ttasUsLM
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 09:50:26 PM by Jeff.Meister »

Offline Jeff.Meister

• H/OCA Webmaster
    • View Profile
    • 1969 Hurst/Olds page
Re: 2013 Nationals - Orlando (Video, part 2)
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2013, 03:50:50 PM »
Part 2 of cruise night in Kissimmee, Old Town car parade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJkj6ZHP5XQ

Offline robert lewczak

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2013, 02:28:09 PM »
Well the 2013 Nationals now exists only in our memories, and approximaitely 10,000 photos. In general it went off very smoothly, with small problems between us and the host hotel. The welcome meeting was in the parking lot, and it seemed to be more intimate as most people stayed in a large group, rather than splintering into small ones. I even went the extra mile for the club by placing my car in the median of Buena Vista DR. as a landmark, and welcome for all incoming members, after I ....ahem, ran out of gas.

On Friday, most of the members caravaned to Old(s) Towne as a group, and were parked in trophy row as Jeffs' above video shows. The slow cruise on the cobblestone streets is an unique experience. Too bad attendence was down due to the occasional showers. Also, I had to have an A+W burger afterwards.

Saturday started with everyone getting their cars ready for the show. I am constantly amazed at the high quality of cars that show up for our meets. A lot of cars made their first ever Nationals appearance for our southernmost Nationals. We took care of all the needed club business, had a spirited auction, and were treated to a suprise lunch by the man we invited to be our guest and speak to the group. Dick Chrysler deserves a big thank you from us all.  We signed up new members, and also got many new people tp post here, so I'm looking forward to their comments in this link.   

The desert party was a once in a lifetime experience. By that, I mean I won't do it again. It was cool to get a little background glimpse of the park. The ice cream was certainly good. The illumiations display keeps getting a little bigger every time I see it. In the middle of all the flames, fireworks, explosions, lasers, and water displays, it was funny to see a duck serenely swimming by it all.

As for myself, and many others, every night ended with hours of conversation surrounded by our cars. This is one of my favorite times. As host, I ran around a lot, and did not get to talk to people as much as I would have liked. I enlisted a new members son, (they signed up on Thursday) to help with distributing sodas. He did an admirable job. My hope was for this show to give everyone some great memories. It did in my case.

Now I just have to get ready for the 2014 Nationals.