Author Topic: 2013 Nationals - Orlando  (Read 13699 times)

Offline Ron.Krier

• Homers Lounge
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Nationals - Orlando
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2013, 04:40:33 AM »
Hey Joe,

If your talking about the girl in the shirt with the thumbs up & Hurst Olds club on both sides of her?  I think that is just a club shirt..... Not the actual shirt for the Nationals.  I said "I think?"  Robert help us out here!! ???
Life is full of ups & downs,
Up the Volume & down the Tequila!! :)

Offline robert lewczak

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2013, 05:33:06 AM »
The lady is wearing the nationals shirt. It is aqua in color, and the main design is a black circle styled to look like a tachometer. Around the inside of the circle,you have the front end view of every year of Hurst/Olds. Disney is very restrictive about images relating to their sites. I wanted to put this as our main design, with smaller circles (our logos) at 10 and 2 o'clock adjoining it, They objected. So, I will add the 2 stickers myself when I'm at the show. There is a custom shirt maker at Old town, and I may have to have them print one up for me. 

Offline Ron.Krier

• Homers Lounge
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2013, 07:18:18 PM »
Oh? :(  I think.. ... .... . . .. . .. Never mind. 
 :-X

Offline joe.fotschky

• Driver, Crew & Car Washer
  • 344879M
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2013, 10:30:32 AM »
Robert thanks for letting us know about the shirt, especially what color it will be.
Put it in gear and stomp the pedal on the right!

Offline Ron.Krier

• Homers Lounge
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2013, 09:10:19 PM »
So this dessert thingy is holding a lot of people up because of the price and clarification of the what's it all about dealyoo.  This much I do know, first of all I've heard that it is one of those deals that you can only experience there at Epcot, meaning: Fireworks, the Icecream, the Beer, (ya that's right I said it!)  the Music, the Laser Light Show, & the Beer!  I said it twice because it is that important to some people.  It's 65 dollars per person but it is worth every nickel from what I was told by 3 people, & I only asked 3 people.   We are not having a banquet at this show for whatever reason, so this is the one draw that they decided to do for our group gathering.  Will there be somebody there at this event to speak for us, I don't think so?  But I guess we will find out when we get there.............     Here's a picture of the guy that will be there for listening pleasure.  Dick Chrysler  This photo was not taken back in the 70's but more like in 2004.   ;D

Offline joe.fotschky

• 344879M
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2013, 02:22:57 PM »
I will not be attending the Saturday evening dessert buffet at Epcot. I have been to Epcot and have seen the firework laser light show on the lake and I will probably see it again since Epcot will be one of the parks that I will be visiting during the week. So I will miss out on the dessert buffet but I will get over that. I will miss not having a Banquet but I will get over that too.
Again I will miss not having a Banquet.  :(
Ron, maybe you should get a speech or power point presentation together to give at the Dessert Buffet since Dick Chrysler will be our guest speaker at the car show at 1:00 PM on Saturday.  :)

Offline Ron.Krier

• Homers Lounge
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2013, 03:35:07 PM »

Ron, maybe you should get a speech or power point presentation together to give at the Dessert Buffet since Dick Chrysler will be our guest speaker at the car show at 1:00 PM on Saturday.  :)
[/quote]

Just give me a chance at that idea Joe, You won't regret it...........much?  Haaa Haaa  I have enough pics of stuff to have some fun with that's for sure! 

Offline joe.fotschky

• 344879M
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2013, 03:47:50 PM »
Why don't you whip up a slide show. We can all go out in to the parking lot at night and watch it on the side of your trailer.  :)
National meet registration deadline is approaching you better get it in soon.

Offline Ron.Krier

• Homers Lounge
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2013, 06:38:06 PM »
So many things to do with so much at steak!  Steak? I am hungry right now too!  Anywhoo, I believe the restrictions are sent in and I have alot of work to do before I pull out in a month to be in Florida.  Let me list the things  I am up against right now,  :  AAaahem!!  Gas is at 4.39 a gallon for regular, the trailer is still packed with all the stuff from the winter, I have to get the Vista ready for the Homecoming show, the trailer needs it's bearings gone through again & I don't have enough beer in my cooler for all that work!!  Send a Medic with a fresh case & I will see what I can do with that?

Offline robert lewczak

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2013, 04:28:55 PM »
Greetings all! I just had a conversation with Judy B, and have a couple updates. The rooms are available at the discounted rate still, but the remainder have been released to Disney to sell as well. There may come a time soon where they will be all gone at the discounted rate! Also, anyone looking to get nationals shirts needs to order theirs now!!! Do not delay, we are only ordering what is needed. Get your registrations in if you haven't yet. The same is true fo rdash plaques.

Offline Tara.Worsham

• H/OCA Membership Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2013, 02:56:30 PM »
The decision to not have a formal banquet was made to try to keep this meet as affordable as possible for all attending.  A sit-down meal for this location would have been cost-prohibitive for a lot of people, so we tried to compromise by having the dessert buffet at Epcot.  Members are certainly welcome (and encouraged!) to get together and have a meal together before the dessert buffet.  We would certainly be up for that, so let us know if someone gets a group together!  Be sure to get your registrations in and room reservations made ASAP if you haven't already!
Tara Worsham
Member #0712C
1984 Hurst/Olds #1463
1979 Hurst/Olds

Offline Jeff.Meister

• H/OCA Webmaster
    • View Profile
    • 1969 Hurst/Olds page
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2013, 08:14:23 PM »
I'll be stuffing my face at the Epcot dessert buffet.... :o
Modern Darwinism, let's remove all the warning labels and let life sort itself out....

Offline Ron.Krier

• Homers Lounge
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2013, 03:33:27 AM »
I'll be stuffing my face at the Epcot dessert buffet.... :o

I will sit beside you Jeff when Barb won't!   ;D   Haaa

Offline joe.fotschky

• 344879M
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2013, 06:02:20 PM »
You two should have an Epcot dessert buffet eating contest.  :D That would be fun.

Offline Tara.Worsham

• H/OCA Membership Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2013, 06:31:30 PM »
I'm right there with you guys!  I love dessert, and especially ice cream!   :)
Tara Worsham
Member #0712C
1984 Hurst/Olds #1463
1979 Hurst/Olds