Author Topic: 2013 Nationals - Orlando  (Read 14131 times)

Offline Jeff.Meister

• H/OCA Webmaster
    • View Profile
    • 1969 Hurst/Olds page
2013 Nationals - Orlando
« on: April 23, 2013, 08:08:06 PM »
I know we already had another related topic about driving or flying to the Nationals, but wanted to start this one for any specific details or questions about the 2013 National meet at Disney in Orlando.
Modern Darwinism, let's remove all the warning labels and let life sort itself out....

Offline Jeff.Meister

• H/OCA Webmaster
    • View Profile
    • 1969 Hurst/Olds page
Re: 2013 Nationals - Orlando
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 08:34:53 PM »
Adding info here that I already put on our website about our special guest for the Nationals, Dick Chrysler.

We have the honor of having Dick Chrysler at our show. Dick was raised in Brighton, Michigan right in the heart of the auto industry. This was during the rise
of the muscle car craze. As all young men of that era, Dick wanted to be involved with cars. He hired into Hurst Performance as a floor sweeper just to be close
to those in the racing industry. He eventually rose to the Vice President of Hurst Performance and then founder of Cars and Concepts where the 1983 and 1984 Hurst/Olds
cars were converted. Dick lives in Florida now and is anxious to see all of us and our H/O's. He will be attending the car show on Saturday and will be sharing Hurst/Olds
stories with our group during the afternoon. You wont want to miss this opportunity to hear more HURSTory of our special cars!
Modern Darwinism, let's remove all the warning labels and let life sort itself out....

Offline Ron.Krier

• Homers Lounge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 02:47:21 PM »
Dick Chrysler is a Great person!  He had a helpful hand in Hairy Hurst Olds & was at the Hurst/Olds meet in Sauk Center MN.  I really like that guy because of his knowledge and hands on with Hurst Olds vehicles.  I did think that the picture on the new Thunder & Lightning that they used looked like Scott Backula from Quantim Leap!  Just sayin......   ;)
Life is full of ups & downs,
Up the Volume & down the Tequila!! :)

Offline Brenda.Kalivanakis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • My 1974 Hurst/Olds Page-The Delta Flyer
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 04:03:20 PM »
Dick Chrysler is a Great person!  He had a helpful hand in Hairy Hurst Olds & was at the Hurst/Olds meet in Sauk Center MN.  I really like that guy because of his knowledge and hands on with Hurst Olds vehicles.  I did think that the picture on the new Thunder & Lightning that they used looked like Scott Backula from Quantim Leap!  Just sayin......   ;)

I knew he looked familiar!!!!  Hahaha   ;D ;D ;D

Offline robert lewczak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 10:47:07 PM »
For anyone who is planning on doing more in Florida than attend the nationals, I just wanted to highlight some points of interest in the general area. You already know about Disney, Universal Studios and Seaworld. There is also Busch Gardens and Bob Andersons yard in Tampa, Don Garlits museum in Ocala, Daytona superspeedway, the famous track at Sebring, Cape Canaveral, and Saint Augustine- the oldest city in the United States. Of course, the best draw will be to see the members of this club, and the many dozens of Hurst/ Olds' attending.

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 10:52:14 PM »
I always see Bob Anderson's ad's for cars on Olds websites, what is the deal there?

Offline Ron.Krier

• Homers Lounge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 04:35:55 AM »
Bob Anderson has A LOT of Oldsmobile stuff for sale since I first started getting the OCA magazine.  He is a Hoarder of Oldsmobile stuff.  You might get a chance to see his collection if you come to Florida Brenda.  :D

Offline Jeff.Meister

• H/OCA Webmaster
    • View Profile
    • 1969 Hurst/Olds page
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 05:52:18 PM »
If anyone is on the 'fence' for attending, the group room rate of $109 a night at the Coronado Springs resort is something you may not see again. I know Robert could quote what the normal room rate would be but the rate we are getting for this is quite a bargain!

Offline Ron.Krier

• Homers Lounge
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 07:17:46 PM »
Oh I am going to this show, it's just how am I getting there is the question?  I talked to my Brother from another Mother tonight & he has all sorts of CrAzY thoughts all stored up for me on this trip!  I can't wait that's for sure!  Here's a photo of us meeting after being apart since birth.  Then there's one of me hitching a ride in his 69 Hurst Olds!

Offline robert lewczak

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 10:13:53 PM »
The standard room rate for the season is somewhere around $260 a night. And I consider Bob Andersons yard the Florida black hole of Oldsmobile muscle. Any cool car in the state is pulled into his yard by gravitational forces beyond measure.

And a side note to the show here guys, there is another group that is very big during this time of year at Coronado Springs, Brazillian college students.

Offline robert lewczak

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 10:36:48 PM »
At the request of a member, some clarification of the desert party is needed. The party gets us access to the Epcot park around 7 P.M. The fee covers transport to and from the park, entry into the park, and a premiere and private location to view the fireworks show that Disney has at the close of each day. The desert bar and drinks have been detailed before. For anyone who has not been to Epcot before, the entry area has about a dozen rides to take. Most of them are really fun. Epcot was Disneys forward looking park as opposed to Disney world, which is more towards fantasy. Epcot also has a large lake in its center which is the source of the fireworks. The show is multi-media, it has lasers,music and even video. Also, the area around the lake is divided into about a dozen countries. Each country has restaurants, booze, shops, some have rides, and performances that take place all day long. All are related to the country they are representing. Most of the people working in each country are actually from that country. Disney does not do anything half-hearted.

If anyone has a question about the show, please feel free to ask it here, or email me. I'll do my best to answer anything you have.

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 10:28:46 AM »
If anyone is going to Bob Anderson farm I would like to hop a ride with you! That place sounds cool!

Offline joe.fotschky

• Driver, Crew & Car Washer
  • 344879M
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 03:07:31 PM »
Any information on the 2013 national meet t-shirt design or color?

Put it in gear and stomp the pedal on the right!

Offline Ron.Krier

• Homers Lounge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 03:37:32 AM »
So is the 74 Hurst Olds a movie camera too?  That is by far the worst shirt I have seen yet for the Hurst Olds Club Nationals.  Just sayin.. :P

Offline joe.fotschky

• Driver, Crew & Car Washer
  • 344879M
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 07:45:26 AM »
No, the 74 Hurst Olds just came back from The Magic Kingdom and is sporting a monster sized set of mouse ears. It is not, I repeat it is not the shirt for the Hurst Olds Club Nationals. It is just a crazy rendition of what I thought it could be.
For those who are curious about the meet shirt I did find it in the April /May Thunder & Lightning. Page 6 on the right side of the page. Of course there is a disclaimer that says. "Images are not of actual nationals shirts and only depict a representation imagined by your Editor with the help of a webcam and Photoshop".
Put it in gear and stomp the pedal on the right!