Author Topic: 2014 Indy Meet  (Read 2864 times)

Offline joe.fotschky

• Driver, Crew & Car Washer
  • 344879M
    • View Profile
2014 Indy Meet
« on: April 21, 2013, 05:53:41 PM »
I was wondering if there was any news on the 2014 Indy Meet. Last year members were asked about if they wanted to return to Indy or not after the sad event of 2009. Like some folks I like to to know what is on the radar so that I can plan my time accordingly. Are we going back to Indy in 2014 or will we be going some place new.
Put it in gear and stomp the pedal on the right!

Offline Brenda.Kalivanakis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • My 1974 Hurst/Olds Page-The Delta Flyer
Re: 2014 Indy Meet
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 06:30:35 PM »
I have very good news Joe, the vote was overwhelming in favor of returning to Indy in 2014. We are in the process of picking the host hotel as we speak and it should be a terrific show. Security is on the top of the list and we will not have a repeat of 2009. I am really looking forward to reuniting my Delta 88 Festival car with Indy.   :)

Offline Ron.Krier

• Homers Lounge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 06:46:54 PM »
I talked to Kurt Karch & he said they were looking at the Fairfield Inn in Avon Illinois.  Which I guess is 4 or 5 miles away from the last Crap hole we stayed in......  That's what I have heard.  What do you know Joe?
Life is full of ups & downs,
Up the Volume & down the Tequila!! :)

Offline Tara.Worsham

• H/OCA Membership Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 06:50:51 PM »
Generally the next year's nationals aren't announced until the nationals, but yes, we will be returning to Indy as Brenda said.  The officers and nationals host are giving careful consideration to the location of the host hotel and more details will be announced in Florida, and in the newsletter following that meet.
Tara Worsham
Member #0712C
1984 Hurst/Olds #1463
1979 Hurst/Olds

Offline joe.fotschky

• 344879M
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 07:16:00 PM »
Okay I will wait to hear more in Florida.

Offline joe.fotschky

• 344879M
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 07:02:58 PM »
I contacted a friend of mine whos brother lives in the Indy area. I had him pick his brothers brain for me and it seems that the Northern part of Indy would be the place to stay. He works for a large chain store and knows some stats since he is in charge of the area stores. So I looked at a map and found three towns on the North part of the loop around Indy. They are Zionsville, Carmel, and Fishers. From my phone conversation with my friend I remember him mentioning Fishers and Carmel. I also noticed that Avon does look to close to where we stayed in 2009.

Offline Ron.Krier

• Homers Lounge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 06:13:35 AM »
I think even Meister was saying that Carmel is quite a bit of a nicer area to stay as well.  Plus it has a Max & Erma's close by the Hampton Hotel, which is an EXCELLENT place to stay! It's a win win with that combo!
Life is full of ups & downs,
Up the Volume & down the Tequila!! :)

Offline joe.fotschky

• 344879M
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 08:20:29 AM »
Okay so at the national meet in Orlando we found out that the meet for 2014 would be back in Indianapolis Indiana. The date was not given but might it be the weekend before the OCA national meet in Cincinnati Ohio? Just wondering since it may be good for those who belong to both groups to possibly make both shows.

Offline Tara.Worsham

• H/OCA Membership Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 08:49:28 PM »
The host hotel has been chosen for the Indy meet.  We will be staying at the Renaissance hotel in Carmel.  Wes and I visited this hotel earlier this year and were very impressed with it.  They told me they are willing to block off a section of the parking lot for our cars, and we will have overnight security, as we've had every year since 2009.  The dates for 2014 haven't been finalized yet, but we're tentatively looking at July 10-12.  As soon as the dates are final, it will be in the newsletter and I'll try to remember to post another reply here as well.
Tara Worsham
Member #0712C
1984 Hurst/Olds #1463
1979 Hurst/Olds