Author Topic: 2016 Meet Info - OCA  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Brenda.Kalivanakis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • My 1974 Hurst/Olds Page-The Delta Flyer
2016 Meet Info - OCA
« on: June 01, 2016, 08:27:13 AM »
This was recently posted on our Facebook page. As a H/OCA member you do not have to join the OCA to attend the nationals:

There has been some confusion regarding membership requirements for our joint national meet this year with the OCA.  For clarification, if you are an H/OCA member, you do NOT need to also be an OCA member to attend any of the advertised events (this includes drag racing, autocross and the laps on the track).  If you would like your car judged in the car show and are not an OCA member, you will be subject to an additional fee as indicated on the OCA registration form.  If you would not like your car judged, it can be on the show field as long as you are an H/OCA member.  I hope this clears things up, and you still have time to get your registration sent in!  Please be sure to send the correct form to the correct club with the correct fees!  Thanks!

We are getting close folks, looking forward to seeing lots of H/O's together for some good times!

Offline demmerw46

• View Profile
Re: 2016 Meet Info - OCA
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 11:47:42 AM »
Brenda, we just followed you across East Texas and most of Arkansas on thr way to the nationals! Your car looks great on ths trailer!

Offline Gene.Miller

• View Profile
2016 Meet
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 03:58:21 AM »
Just read the article on Brenda's car in Hemming's Classic Car, a must read! Well done Brenda! Here's to hoping all made it back from the Nationals safely & without any vehicular mis-haps.

Offline Brenda.Kalivanakis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • My 1974 Hurst/Olds Page-The Delta Flyer
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 10:22:41 AM »
Hey guys! Made it home just fine, wow, what a journey! The nationals were a blast and well worth the drive. I can't tell you how many thumbs up's we got hauling that car cross country! Stopping for gas was an adventure and included many questions about the car and lots of photographs. The article in Hemmings was terrific and it came out right at the best time as many people at the nationals just read it and then saw my car was there. Very cool!

Offline tva442

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 01:50:39 PM »
Brenda - saw your car at Nats, but never got a chance to meet you  :( Car looked great though!  I did meet Wave (and her cool 69 Hurst license plate purse :D  ) , Cal and his 74 and also caught up with Gene and his new 79 Cutlass.  And what a display of Hurst/ Olds!  Having them in two long rows was quite impressive!  And driving laps at Bristol was a blast and something I will never forget !  We also went to the Smoky Mts National Park and Dollywood earlier in the week and the family really enjoyed the area.  Thanks to both the Music City Rockets and Dixie Olds club chapters for hosting - great job!

I will have to check out the Hemmings CC article - congrats.