Author Topic: 1969 H/O rotting away in garage  (Read 1372 times)

Offline Brenda.Kalivanakis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • My 1974 Hurst/Olds Page-The Delta Flyer
1969 H/O rotting away in garage
« on: October 13, 2013, 06:36:49 PM »
Interesting article about a garage find 1969 H/O. Sad but true. :o :o >:( >:( ??? ???

http://www.streetlegaltv.com/news/%E2%80%9869-hurst-olds-rotting-away-in-shed/

Offline Jeff.Meister

• H/OCA Webmaster
    • View Profile
    • 1969 Hurst/Olds page
Re: 1969 H/O rotting away in garage
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 07:06:03 PM »
Actually, doesn't really look like it's 'rotting away' as the article says as opposed to been sitting around and acquiring layers of dirt, still not a good thing  :P I think the article is alluding to it as more original than it is saying something like "the paint looks remarkably intact"... Id say portions have clearly been repainted at one point, that's why they are 'intact'  ;)... look at the center gold stripe over the hood onto the 'tooth', note the space between the gold stripe and the chrome molding you can see white paint, so at the very least that is not original...
Modern Darwinism, let's remove all the warning labels and let life sort itself out....

Offline robert lewczak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 09:40:53 PM »
As the dirt would indicate, it's not so much rotting away, as biding its time until the current owners heirs decide what to do with it. Hopefully, the critters are not getting into it. It is hard to believe anyone who prizes the car enough to keep it so long, and not want to sell it, would not spring for a tarp.

Offline roger.green

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 09:08:26 PM »
That car appears to have hood locks like the ones that were on my H/O when I purchased it. Now my car is restored and I kept the hood locks.